Ready to Sell Your Home? Here's a Checklist
By now, we all know it’s a great time to sell your home. And, while it might be a seller’s market, there are still things you can do to maximize the sale of your home. Here’s a helpful checklist to help prepare your Des Moines home for the greatest possible return.
- Talk to an experienced listing agent (Hint: Us!)
- Let all the natural light in
- Clean baseboards and vents
- Replace lightbulbs
- Fix any scuffs on the walls
- Fix anything that’s broken
- Make small upgrades
- Vacuum and mop floors thoroughly
- Declutter throughout
- Remove personal items and photos
- Organize drawers and cabinets
- Stage the property to give every room a purpose
- Powerwash the outside
- Clean windows both inside and out
- Clean up the landscaping
- Sweep decks, patios and walkways
- Consider a pre-listing inspection to make sure everything is okay
When it comes time to sell your house, you should focus on making your home look cared for and boosting the overall curb appeal. You should also consider hiring an experienced real estate professional to walk you through the process and instruct you on how you can easily improve the saleability of your home.
For more information on preparing a home to sell, contact the Knickerbocker Real Estate Team today!